Dry Ice Cleaning Can Blast Away Bitumen and
Tar Build Up Over Time
The manufacturing process for bitumen can leave heavy deposits on equipment that can be difficult to remove and clean. Regular maintenance and upkeep is important to keep machinery and equipment operating properly.
Using conventional cleaning methods to remove bitumen and tar from storage tanks, valves, pumps, floors, and other important assets can be extremely time consuming, and oftentimes traditional methods are unable to clean hard-to-reach or delicate areas.
Dry ice blasting is ideal for cleaning and removing bitumen and tar from equipment and facilities. It is a non-abrasive process that cools bitumen and tar on contact, making it easier to lift off and remove while leaving the original substrate undamaged.
FREE DRY ICE BLASTING DEMO IN FORT McMURRAY
Benefits of Cleaning Bitumen Spills Using Dry Ice Blasting:
- Leaves surfaces completely dry, mould-free, and structurally intact
- Delivers a thorough, deep clean that eliminates mould from even tough-to-reach places and tight spots
- Ensures complete mould removal from wiring, plumbing, and other delicate areas without causing damage
- Produces no secondary waste, making it fast and safe
- Results in maximum ROI due to time saved on cleanup, reduced production downtime, and less manpower required
Dry Ice Blasting Can Remove Bitumen and Tar Build Up From:
- SAGD sites
- Loading areas/pads
- Rail car pads
- Truck terminals
- Piping and processing equipment
- Electrical components